Black licorice can be dangerous. It tries to warn you by tasting terrible, but some people power through that and mow it down anyway. There’s a 54-year-old guy in Boston who recently passed away because he overdosed on black licorice and his heart stopped. And it didn’t take THAT much to kill him . . . he just ate about a bag-and-a-half every day for a few weeks. Black licorice is filled with something called glycyrrhizic acid, which can throw the nutrients in your body out of whack if you eat as little as two ounces a day for two weeks. And that’s especially true for people over 40. So stick to candy that’s only full of healthy things. Like sugar and fat.