A Guy Dies From Eating What Doesn’t Seem Like That Much Black Licorice

licorice

 Black licorice can be dangerous.  It tries to warn you by tasting terrible, but some people power through that and mow it down anyway.  There’s a 54-year-old guy in Boston who recently passed away because he overdosed on black licorice and his heart stopped.  And it didn’t take THAT much to kill him . . . he just ate about a bag-and-a-half every day for a few weeks.  Black licorice is filled with something called glycyrrhizic acid, which can throw the nutrients in your body out of whack if you eat as little as two ounces a day for two weeks.  And that’s especially true for people over 40.  So stick to candy that’s only full of healthy things.  Like sugar and fat.